Saturday, February 11, 2012

Engineered Floor Quality - Walnut, Bamboo?

This question is also under remodeling.



I'm considering installing Thomasville's Walnut engineered flooring, or solid Bamboo flooring from home depot throughout my upstairs. I would appreciate hearing from anyone that has installed either of these products.



Specifically, do either of these floors dent and scratch easily? I have three cats, two children and my massage business in my home.



Does one of these outshine the other?

Does either hold up as well as any other product you might have experienced?

Do you know of anyone who has used these?



They are similar in price, so that is not a factor. Thanks and I look forward to input anyone can provide!



Additional details: It looks like all the interlocking floors come pre-finished. All the others I'd have to stain and poly myself, correct?



Since I don't build homes, I'm going for a balance between easy install and quality. Thanks!

Engineered Floor Quality - Walnut, Bamboo?
The bamboo is hard to indent but scratches rather easily. It being so hard, it doesn't take finish well. Also, almost any flooring you buy from Home Depot is going to be of a lesser quality that what you would find at a retailer. That's how they stay in business. The walnut should give you many years of life without any problems. It too is hard, but has a more open grain to accept the finish. Mannington makes a nice engineered walnut. Not sure of the series, but you can find it easily on their website. Hope this helps. Clyde
Reply:i know the solid abmboo would be the way to go for me...its a great product


No comments:

Post a Comment