Sunday, February 12, 2012

How do I care for bamboo?

I received an early "moon festival" gift from a friend of mine. She's Chinese and her house is totally full of tall lucky bamboo.



Her advice to me was to just keep it in a vase full of water. Isn't there any more to it?

How do I care for bamboo?
Yea, keep it in a vase of distilled or aged water. Don't use water straight from the tap unless you have a filter on it. I change the water on mine weekly to keep it from stagnating. Also, Lucky bamboo needs very little in the way of fertilizer, but if you feel you need to fertilize at some point there is a fertilizer on the market for Lucky Bamboo which is not

bamboo at all, but a plant called Dracaena. Other than that, there's nothing to it. Oh, keep it in filtered or indirect light, don't put it directly in the sun.

Good Luck



http://www.evesgardengifts.com/index.asp...


No comments:

Post a Comment