Saturday, February 11, 2012

How do I kill running bamboo?

I have a huge patch of bamboo in my yard and have tryed digging it up......cutting it........covering it up......any ideas?

How do I kill running bamboo?
Cut it down to the ground, spray new shoots with Brush Killer as soon as they come up. May take years to get rid of it all. You can also use salt, but it will ruin the soil for anything else for a year or more.
Reply:The easiest way is to chop down everything that is above ground. When the shoots start coming up again, keep mowing over them or clip them. Eventually the roots will die and it will stop coming up. You'll need to watch it closely because the shoots will come up sometimes very far away from where the original clump is. It may take a couple of seasons but it will work--it worked for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment