Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I recently asked about bamboo floors and got some feedback...but what is a good brand?

People told me I need to worry about buying a good quality bamboo flooring but what is a good brand??? Was it easy to install yourself? If you paid to get it installed how much did it cost you per square foot?

I recently asked about bamboo floors and got some feedback...but what is a good brand?
Hi - I was recently thinking about installing bamboo floors in my home until I went to a flooring shop to ask for advice and he told me he wouldn't install them in his home. The guy mentioned that he was concerned about how the manufacturers break down the bamboo (seeing that it is as strong as steel), and the products they may use to do this. He mentioned that he tried to get more information from the manufacturer regarding the glue/chemicals they use, and could obtain no information. He mentioned that he would use them outside, but not in confined areas such as indoors. I don't know if this guy has ulterior motives for this feedback, but I decided not to go ahead with this just in case. I did a bit of research and found that the boards in Australia come from 5 manufacturers in China and that of those, some refused to reveal the chemicals used. The chemical of concern is formaldehyde (which can cause cancer).


No comments:

Post a Comment