Sunday, February 5, 2012

Where to find bamboo (with long internodes) to make flutes.?

I am a music student learning to play music on flute. I currently make flutes using PVC pipes due to lack of bamboo availability where I live. Does anybody know a place in South East US where I can find them. Dimensions I am looking for is internal dia approximately 19mm and wall thickness approximately 3 to 4 millimeters. Another critical dimension is distance between two nodes (where I can get a nice smooth pipe) should be minimum 18/19 inches.

Where to find bamboo (with long internodes) to make flutes.?
Bamboo grows pretty slowly so if I were you I'd start growing some now. I have some in my backyard that has been there for 5 years and it's as big around as my finger.

I live 35 minutes south of Atlanta.



A craft store should have some or talk to your local bamboo furniture store to find out if they could name you some of their suppliers. Also, keep checking the internet.
Reply:Craft and hobby store

Dog Teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment