Friday, January 27, 2012

Can you help my bamboo?

I have had a bamboo plant for about 8 months. For 6 of those months, I had it in a shallow decorative vase with waterwich I changed regularly, and some pretty rocks. It never grew. A month ago, I realised that I should put it in a different vase as the roots need room to grow.(can you tell i don't have a green thumb). The leaves began to grow.



I brought it home from work a few weeks ago but left it in my car over night as i forgot to take it out. Well, the next morning, my bamboo was sitting in a block of ice. I changed the vase again, put some room temp water in it, but the leaves are still gray and I'm not sure if I should cut them off or what to do. Can you help please?

Can you help my bamboo?
Bamboos are all around here in my place. Its grows pretty well in tropical countries like the Philippines. Try putting some natural, garden soil. It doesnt need much water. Try also putting it in a much larger vase.
Reply:It sounds like the plant was killed by the cold. It might be time to give up on that one. Sorry about that, sounds like it was a nice little plant.


No comments:

Post a Comment