Monday, January 30, 2012

How do you take care of a Bamboo plant (tree)?

I just bought a bamboo tree. I think every bamboo tree I've ever seen has just been the plant in a vase with rocks in it. Is it eventually going to need dirt or is just fresh water and rocks okay? I'm not sure if I should put in in potting soil or not and I can't find anything online except advertisements for selling bamboo and bonsai trees.

If you can provide some good websites that would be helpful too! Thank you!

How do you take care of a Bamboo plant (tree)?
Bamboo in nature grows in a moist, almost swampy environment. I would not worry about using soil, it does fine in gravel and water. Also, keep it away from windows and other sources of light. It will brown out quickly if not kept in shade.
Reply:umm no all you have to do is water it. it will not need dirt. just put water in it everyday and it will be fine. i only know this cause my mom has one.

flowers and gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment