Sunday, February 5, 2012

One of my bamboo stalks is turning yellow? Is this due to being overwatered?

I have a small, desk-sized bamboo plant with three stalks. I noticed that one of the stalks is turning yellow and I'm not sure if this is from over or under watering. I always try to make sure that the sponge has moisture and I usually fill the water to the top of the container about once a week or so. The rest of the plant is completely healthy and happy, except for this one stalk. Does anyone have any knowledge of where the yellow color is coming from or any advice for me?

One of my bamboo stalks is turning yellow? Is this due to being overwatered?
One chances are that your plant is not "real" bamboo. It is "Dracaena sanderiana" otherwise known as lucky bamboo. When a stalk turns yellow there is no bringing it back. It is usually from lack of water. I am an avid gardener and I have had my lucky bamboo turn yellow on me. There is nothing you can do but give it a chance and if it starts to turn brown and then it is dead and you should throw it away. And sometimes they just turn yellow randomly. Just part of keeping them. Good luck with it.
Reply:it sounds like the 1 stalk is broken


No comments:

Post a Comment