Wednesday, February 1, 2012

To go "bamboo", or not.?

Apparently the phrase "gone bamboo" came about when western guys, many of them in the military, discovered places like Thailand and eventually ended up never coming back home.



I've traveled extensively, and spent much of the last five years in Thailand but never made the leap to living there.



So, my question is to all you westerners who have lived, or are currently living there.

How's it been for you? What were the toughest things to adjust to, and what, if anything, do you miss about about home?

To go "bamboo", or not.?
Live here since almost 8 yrs and never regret it. Had of course to get used to certain things like promises never kept,people not staying in line - no the contrary pushing you away to pay first etc. But life is still so good here that I forget small things or adapted too much already,lol?!
Reply:What I miss most?,, Big arrogant people.. People who never smile.. I miss it like I would miss a hole in my head..


No comments:

Post a Comment