Wednesday, February 1, 2012

How to Care for Lucky Bamboo?

I've had my lucky bamboo for almost 2 years and the leaves are turning yellow and dying. What am I doing wrong? The bamboo lives in a glass full of rocks and water and it only gets bottled water to drink.

How to Care for Lucky Bamboo?
Bamboo dont like full sun so if by a sunny window ledge move slightly. also cut off the yeloow leaves. if their is only one or two that isnt bad. also maybe some bug is on it. wash the underside of the leaves and rinse well.



also add a little bit of plant food to the glass and it should grow faster and greener.



if your plant is on the way to dieing, then cut off where the stalk of leaves actually meet the bamboo cane and put that in a plain glass of only water. in about 3 weeks that stalk of leaves will root growing a new plant.
Reply:Have you moved the plant so that it receives a different amount of light or in a drafty area? They do sell fertilizer for the lucky bamboo but I really think its just green food coloring. The lucky bamboo plant I had lasted about 2 1/2 years and then it shriveled up and died, I have a new one and so far so good but plants are living things and they do die. My suggestion would be to buy some of the fertilizer to add to the water. Good luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment