Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My lucky bamboo leaves are browning?

I have two lucky bamboo pots, each with three stalks each. Both of them (one more than the other) are turning brown at the tips of the leaves and some leaves are turning completely brown. The stalks are all still completetly green though.



Both are rock and water plants, and get pleanty of indirect sun. And I change the water in the one that is worse off reguarly. Both are indoors only plants. What can I do to improve their health?

My lucky bamboo leaves are browning?
I think that just happens sometimes, but I would get them out of ANY sun and see if that helps. Mine are in a small bathroom without any sunlight and are thriving now. To tell you the truth, I think the less you do with them, the better they like it.LOL They are totally cool plants. If you live in the city, you might try not using tap water, and use bottled instead~could be the treated water possibly?

Good Luck!!
Reply:give them only pure water. don't worry about them turning a little brown. They loose their leaves as any would at this time of year. Be sure to have about 2 inches of water in them at all times. Find a good liquid fertilizer to put on them. Only use the kind made for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment