Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I have a Chinese bamboo plant that I've had for many years, all of a sudden this winter it started to die.

I got this plant at the state fair. If you wait on the last day of the fair you can get everything cheap. Anyway it was so beautiful and stood only about 8 inches. But now it stands about 3 feet. I don't know what is happening to it. It started to turn yellow at least one of the stalks. It is a money plant and was suppose to grow into the shape of the dollar sign (never happened). I just love plants and wanted one of these. I've also loved the bonsai but every one I've ever owned died. So if anyone know what is happening with my bamboo please let me know. It's in water. And maybe you can tell me what I am doing wrong with my bonsai.

I have a Chinese bamboo plant that I've had for many years, all of a sudden this winter it started to die.
It is difficult to help you unless we can see a photo of the plant, however from your description of growing it in water (instead of soil), I believe it is the "Lucky bamboo." Do you change the water monthly so it doesn't become stagnant? Take off the yellow part, it will not change back to green. If you want specific care instructions, send an email to me at:

wchoat@american-bonsai.com , they are too lengthy to answer here.

Also, you are welcome to check my Bonsai Care page on my website:

http://www.american-bonsai.com

In reference to your other bonsai that died, it is quite possible that you tried to keep outdoor bonsai in the house. They usually only last about 6 months under those conditions. In your email, maybe we can also determine the species of those bonsai.
Reply:Have you changed the pot? I found out the reason that I've killed many houseplants is because my plants got "root bound" and couldn't spread out anymore.



Here's a great site that teaches you how to repot a plant, step-by-step...



http://www.plantea.com/repotting-housepl...



Good luck! :D

flowers and gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment