Friday, February 3, 2012

My poor sad bamboo plant?

I went on vacation for a week and left my bamboo plant on the table with plenty of fresh water. When we returned home there was plenty of water still remaining in the holder but one stalk turned yellow up to the lower leaves. There is still about four inches of green remaining at the top. The other two stalks are fine. Was this caused by the heat and humidity? Will it be okay now that we are keeping the house cool again? Or should I give up on it and just count it among my many failings as a plant mommy?

My poor sad bamboo plant?
Aww, that's to bad. Well i heard a floweriest talking to my mum when we went shopping for plants.. and she said that if the water heats up, then the plant doesn't get all the nutrients that it gets from cold/pure water. Maybe that could be it. But I'm pretty sure it loved the sunlight, after all it makes its food like that.
Reply:Bamboo is a strong plant. It will be OK if you keep the house cool. But pull out the yellow stalk


No comments:

Post a Comment