Sunday, February 5, 2012

Phyllostachys nigra, Black bamboo?

My bamboo plant is about 15' tall, just fertilized it with miracle grow. It also had a little white mite on some of the leaves. I was told to spray with 3tbsp of baking soda to 1 gallon of water. I did this outside.



Now the leaves are all turning yellow.....help.

Should I put back outside and hose it down fo ra few days??

Phyllostachys nigra, Black bamboo?
Unless you seriously over fertilized it that shouldn't be the problem. As for the baking soda I've never heard of that. I usually use a product called Bayer Advanced Tree and Shrub pest control. Works great for all my plants on getting rid of those life sucking pests that infest my plants.



You could "flush" the plant by running lots of water through it and that may help. It could also just be a little shock from what it just went through and may rebound. Bamboo is a very hardy plant, though I've not really heard of people keeping P. Nigra as an indoor plant. I would think keeping B. Lako would be a much better choice.

get well flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment