Tuesday, February 7, 2012

How do I keep freshly cut bamboo green?

I want to use freshly cut, extremely tall (over 20 ft.), green bamboo to decorate inside a reception hall for my wedding. How do I keep it green and make sure the leaves don't fall off? I'm envisioning placing a few stalks with the leaves still attached, into buckets of sand and rock against the walls and having the bamboo bend and go across the ceiling, making a really striking, green, lush environment. I really want to bring the outdoors inside and give my guests that "wow" affect when they walk in. PLEASE HELP!!!!

How do I keep freshly cut bamboo green?
If you will use them within a day, you don't need to worry.



If longer, you can place the stalks in water or place wet towels around the cut ends, then wrap with plastic.



They should keep for 3-4 days.
Reply:Even when placing the stalks in water, the leaves become very shriveled(sp?) and dry. Any way to preserve the leaves as well? Report It


No comments:

Post a Comment